Learn to use your local development environment to build WordPress sites.
In this workshop, you’ll learn to set up a local development environment using MAMP or WAMP – two self-contained server applications for your Mac or Windows computers.
If you are a designer or developer looking to speed up your development process, or someone who wants to learn more about building web applications, this workshop is for you.
What we’ll cover
- Overivew of web applications
- Installing MAMP/WAMP on your laptop
- Configuring your server and database
- Installing WordPress
What you should bring
- A laptop capable of running MAMP or WAMP, with the requisite passwords to allow you to modify the software
- Pre-downloaded copy of the software so we can save some time at the start of the workshop
- A text-only editor (such as TextWrangler, Dreamweaver, Ultraedit etc.)
Download MAMP here: http://www.mamp.info/en/index.html (Don’t buy MAMP Pro)
Download WAMP here: http://www.wampserver.com/en/
About the Instructor
Anca Mosoiu is the founder of Tech Liminal. She has been developing web applications since the previous century on a variety of platforms in many different programming languages. Since 2009, she has been teaching people how to set up and use WordPress, including developing themes and plugins.