Sallie Goetsch’s presentation on FlexBox at the Sacramento WordCamp last year got great reviews and interest, so she’s going to give us a more thorough overview in April.
Join Sallie for a tour of real-life design problems solved with Flexbox:
* Vertical centering
* Equal-height columns
* Placing items at the outside edges of their containers
* Automatic spacing and sizing of items to fit into a row (no more percentages for widths or margins)
* Changing the order of elements on smaller screens
* Wrapping rows so the elements always fill the width of the content area
* New tricks with margin:auto
Introduction to CSS Grid
The new CSS Grid Specification is coming to browsers at the end of March. Although it won’t have widespread support for another year or two, it’s got amazing potential. It’s also more complicated than Flexbox, so I’d recommend starting to work with it now.
Why Do You Go to WordPress Meetups?
The WordPress Community Marketing Team put out a call for testimonials about WordCamps and Meetups. Tom Cusak has offered to bring his video equipment, so we’ll take part of the Q&A time for this.
• How long have you been using WordPress?
• What brought you to the Meetup?
• How has coming to this Meetup affected you?