Make:SF is a monthly local Meetup group. It’s an opportunity to get started in the Maker community. You can meet local makers, learn some new skills and grow from there.
After a long stretch of electronics project we are changing gears a little bit with kite making! Summer is here and we want to give you an excuse to get outside Also you will be all set to go for the Berkeley Kite Festival. We will be following this instructable. We will have some plastic for you but if you want to bring your own bags or other plastic sheeting you can. If you do bring your own, you will need two sheets. One sheet must be is larger than 33 1/2″ by 24″ and the other is larger than 19 1/2″ by 26″. Also if you want to, bring things to make tails and to decorate your kite. If you are ambitious bring along a coin cell and some LEDs The workshop will be $10.
The goals are to:
- Meet other local Makers
- Share ideas, skills, and local resources
- Gain new skills through mini-workshops
- Hear guest speakers who are tackling large projects
- Create collaborations between engineers, makers, craft folks, artists, etc.
- Get opinions or advice on project execution
Need a reminder of the next meeting, or would like to network with other makers?
Sign up with your social network of choice:
- MeetUp for networking and meeting administration (Primary channel)
- Facebook Page for networking with other Makers (Switched from Group)
- LinkedIn Group for networking with other Makers
- Flickr Group for sharing project photos
- Twitter for an instant feed. Use the hashtag #makesf to group your tweets as related to MakeSF
Feel free to contact us with suggestions, or if you’d like to present your ideas or work!